"Birds need sources of high quality protein in their diet, feeding them live food provides this."
Feeding birds live food like Meal worms and Wax worms will not only improve their diet but will also help attract the following birds to your garden:
- Blue tits, Coal tits, Great tits, Marsh tits, Willow tits
- Blackbirds and Thrushes
- House Sparrows and Tree Sparrows
- Many other species of birds
Live food can be fed all year round although there is a special benefit in the breeding season and in cold, wet or dry weather. Some tips for live feeding include:
- Try to feed live foods at the same time of the day each day
- Offer the food early in the morning and late in the afternoon in the breeding season
- Monitor the amount of food you feed, increasing if it is taken quickly and reducing if food is left over.
Birds can eat large amounts of live food especially when feeding their young and providing the fodd in cold spells is very beneficail for them.
Free delivery on all live bird food to mainland UK addresses
Earthworms are a highly nutritious live food for birds. Supplied in tubs and can be stored at 8C for 2-3 weeks. They should be placed on a table or flat surface for feeding. Earthworms - 3 tubs (JG706...